Here we are, this year is nearly gone and another one is ready to start! Which better moment to make a Good Resolutions List for 2014? I like lists as they help me reach my goals, but new ideas are always popping up from everywhere and so lists become usually never-ending. But I want to try. Really. So let’s get started!
Let’s begin with the knitting list, the craft I’m more confident with. There are loads of techniques and patterns that I didn’t use since ages ago and I think it’s time to.
– Cables. I love the texture of cabled patterns and it has been too long since last time I did something with cables, so here we go!
– A cape. The pattern in my mind is Boundless by C. Giles published in Twist Collective 2011. And has to be red!
– More socks. Lately I’ve finished two pairs of very easy socks, but I want to try new patterns and motifs. I want to master the art of sock-making and have a pair of socks for every day of the week!
– Add a lining to something. This point can either go in this section or in the sewing end, anyhow I want to line a knitted garment. Maybe the above listed cape or a boxy cardigan.
– Something baby. New humans are expected and therefore I need to knit something to warm them up.
– KALs. Possibly Mystery. Ysolda’s first Mystery KAL is programmed to start early January and I’m already in, yay!
And now for the sewing list! This one it’s a bit harder to complete as I’m a pretty new sewer and at the moments I’d like to sew all the things. I want to try new patterns, new fabrics and new techniques, here a few of them.
– First thing first, I have to finish the quilt I’ve started months ago. It needs just to be sandwiched together and quilted. Easy uh?
– A jacket. I desperately want to sew one and I’ve already bought BHL Victoria Blazer. I think I have the right fabric too, so I’m ready to go!
– I want to sew more “professional” garments, which details and inside are nice and clean as the outside. Hello French seams, bound buttonholes and hand stitching!
– Sewalong. Again, BHL ladies just released their latest pattern, the beautiful Georgia Dress and a sewalong is planned for early 2014, so I’ve to join in!
– Fabrics. I’d like to use something different from cottons, but the weather here is always so bloody warm that I couldn’t think of wearing anything else. Maybe I could focus on my imaginary italian winter wardrobe ;) and of course I want to try sewing with knits.
-New, for me, patterns companies, one of which Papercut Patterns.
I think it’s enough!
Have a great 2014 and may your new year be full of love, joy and health!